Saturday, July 21, 2012

300mm Fun! :)

 The other day I took my 75-300mm lens out to the garden with me. I usually use the 18-55mm lens, which is a more common choice for close up distances! :)
I needed to stand further back than what I'm used to, but I actually like the results! ...

 The odd, wide gray stripe coming down from top to bottom, at an angel, is actually a thin wire of the garden fence! I stood far back and took this photo through the fence, and focused it on the snap pea bloom! I wasn't fond of the look so found a way of taking the rest within the garden, itself! :)











 An American Gold Finch couple perched on top of the garden fence! :) Sometimes even this 300mm lens can't zoom in as close to them as I like but, in this case, I was trying to have both birds in the photo together! :)
 They have the most beautiful song, and when she sang it really turned his head! :)


 A parting shot of a clematis on the fence, on my way out of the garden! :)
 I was thrilled to note the miniature cattails are in bloom! :)
 I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't of taken the time to tidy them up! My work gloves blend with the steps and cuttings so well they're almost invisible in plain view! :)
 While I was at it, I decided to stay with the same lens to capture the evening sky! :)

It was fun to experiment with this lens and test my skills, trying short distances with it! :)
I hope you enjoyed the outcome! :)

3 comments:

  1. BJ! I'm living through you in your garden and yard this summer! I have not picked a single weed! It has been kinda nice to have a break. We are in Scott's parents condo until our home is built. I do look longingly at the nursery as we drive by. I did plant some basil and rosemary in pots. But we go up to SLC every chance we get so i really can't do much gardening. I LOVE your pics. I finally updated my blog a bit. I'm still behind though. There's a post about our time at the conference center. You are so beautiful and I'm so glad we finally got to meet.

    Love
    Glory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory, you are a dear heart! :)
    I checked out your blog and Love the family photos, and enjoyed seeing our little group photo on it, too! :)
    I hope to see you blog about your new home being built! That is such an excited adventure! I'll be looking forward to seeing photos of your future flowers in your yard, too, once you're at that point with it! It will be knowing you've had the opportunity to stop at those nurseries you've looked at wistfully as you drove by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glory, you are a dear heart! :)
    I checked out your blog and Love the family photos, and enjoyed seeing our little group photo on it, too! :)
    I hope to see you blog about your new home being built! That is such an excited adventure! I'll be looking forward to seeing photos of your future flowers in your yard, too, once you're at that point with it! It will be knowing you've had the opportunity to stop at those nurseries you've looked at wistfully as you drove by! :)

    ReplyDelete