Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bulb Beginnings! :)

 Fall is the time my mind naturally considers planting bulbs! :) Since it's a busy time of year for me, putting the garden to bed and gearing up for the holidays, I glance at bulbs in the stores and in my catalogs, and tell myself "No, not This year." :) ...
But when I passed by this lovely pkg. of violet streaked, white tulips, I stopped my cart! I picked them up lovingly and considered, put them down and walked away, then circled round and picked them up again. "I'll pot them and it will take little time or effort!" :) In my cart they went! :)
 Now my mind was more open to the package of mixed hyacinth that next caught my eye, since I've always wanted to grow these fragrant bulbs! :)
"These bulbs will be easy to plant in pots, too!" :) ... In my cart they went! :)
 As I passed the crocus bulbs I grabbed them too, knowing "There's always room for more of these on the edges of my flower beds!" :)
Once home it took little time to pot and plant these flower bulbs, but I did notice "There is this area in this bed that will benefit from more daffodils, and the bulbs I've purchased Have been planted!" :) ...
So back to the store I went! :)
 Once there I reasoned "It would take little effort to plant this one bearded iris!" :)
 "Moles have destroyed the tulips in my yard, I have dearly missed their smiling faces! Perhaps it's time to plant a few throughout the yard, here and there, and see if some come up?!" :)
 "There are the daffodils!" :)
 "Perhaps a variety would be nice, and the moles don't tend to eat them!" :)
 "Here are the little tete a tete I pictured in that spot!" :)
 "With all that yellow, these white daffodils will be nice for color balance!" :)
 "Aren't These tulips pretty! ... Perhaps one more package! :)
Now I will Quit!" :) ...
"I've given myself more work than I planned on, but it will be worth the effort come Spring!" :)
...
So there you have it! You may Think bulbs start their journey in the Ground, .... but it is in the Mind where bulbs have their True beginnings! :)
Happy planting everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment