Saturday, July 9, 2016

Jubilant July! :)

 This year our tulip tree finally bloomed for the first time! :)
 I walked past the tree and almost missed them! :)
 Upon closer inspection, ... there they were! :)
 It takes several years for a tulip tree to mature enough to bloom, and I'm hoping that there will be even more blooms next year ...
 and that it will bloom from now on! :)
 The hummers are finding many flowers full of nectar around the yard! :)
 How I love this time of year! :)
 The corn stalks are growing! :)
 The Yukon Gold Potato plants are beginning to yellow, signaling that soon I can look forward to harvesting them! :)
 The garlic are beginning to shed their top hats! :)
 The Tree Swallows are busy with their babies! :)
 I couldn't resist going out with my zoom lens when I saw a little one stretching its' head outside of the nest box in hopes of getting first dibs on the food! :)
 It withdrew as I approached.
 If you look close you can see two little faces looking out! :)
 It sounded like there were at least 3 in the nest! :)
 I noticed that neither parent was approaching to feed them from my position,
 So I backed away. :) ...
 In they came! :) Little baby's mouth is wide open! :)
 It's looking at something! :)
 Here comes another parent! :)
 This one is perching a moment longer! :)
 It's making sure they all get to eat! :)
 Now flying around and up ...
 taking a moment to perch and rest. :)
 Feeding these babies takes a lot of work! :)
Thank goodness there are two parents to care for them! :) They only rest a moment and then return to the sky to catch more food! :)
Oh how I love jubilant July! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment