Friday, August 12, 2016

August Morn'! :)

 Good Morning! :) It's going to be another beautiful August day! :)
 The mornings are rich in fog, now! :)

 It's typical for this time of year! :)
 The Summer sun warms the earth and the cool night temps' collide, forming fog. :)
 I love how the fields look in the mornings! :)
 We have our very first fruit from one of our small fig trees! It doesn't look like much but I ate the dark one and it was yummy! :) Once they are soft, they're ready! :)
 Color is forming in the leaves, signaling that Fall is not far off! :)

 I'm not yet ready to let go of Summer, so I'm glad we still have August! :)
 I can enjoy the color in the yard knowing Summer is still here! :)




 Up comes the sun and it's burning off the fog! :)
 It will be in the 90's and 80's for the next two weeks, at least! :)
 Nothing but blue! :)
 The swallows have begun to line up on the power lines! :)
 It is a sure sign that they are getting ready to leave us.
 I will miss them! Both the Barn Swallows, ...
 and the Tree Swallows! :)
 If you enlarge this photo you should be able to see the power lines Loaded with them! :)
 They've done a great job keeping the bug population down all Summer! :)
 I have a difficult time letting them go every year!

 A car drives down our country road and they take flight! It's a sight to see! :)
 Another sight I enjoying seeing is flight school! :) They line up on the eve of our roof and practice take offs and landings! :) The baby swallows I observed in their nest are now preparing to migrate! :)
For now I will enjoy their preparations, and know that next Spring they will be back again! :)
How I love an August Morn'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment