Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January Jesters! :)

I don't know about you, but Jan. seems a little early to be seeing bulbs pushing up through the soil! It's not just one type I'm seeing, either! As well as grape hyacinths there's ...

a few daffodils or tulips, (too soon to tell which), ...

Crocus coming up that I only just planted during the fall, ...

the Garlic, ...


and one of the new peonies! :)

Now that the new year is here, and the days are beginning to lengthen, I admit to feeling a bit anxious for Spring, myself! Even though I feel some concern about winter frosts still to come, I can't help but feel some excitement about seeing signs of Spring! :)

As you can see, I didn't get that last goal, of spreading beauty bark, done before winter came, but it will yet get done in this new year! I'm still adjusting to the realization that it is 2010! :)

1 comment:

  1. wow..already! we don't have nearly the yard that you have and not nearly as beautiful either but no buds are blooming oregon yet...i imagine it won't be long though. SPRING get here!! :)

    ReplyDelete