Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Beach Get-Away! :)

 We recently enjoyed our anniversary get-away to the coast! :)
 Coal is a little over two yrs. old now, and this was his third time there. He surprised us by jumping out of the SUV and leading the way down the walk, up the stairs, and
 to the door of our "home-away-from-home"! :) We keep talking about trying other locations, but keep going back to the room we love so much! :) It's obvious he loves it too! :)
 No sooner had we unpacked than we made our bee-line to the beach! :)
 There's nothing so invigorating and therapeutic as the feel of the ocean air on our faces, and the welcoming sights and sounds! :)


 It's the perfect way to burn off Coal's excess energy! After a free run, (a black blur) ...
 it's time to round up a good stick, ...
 and let the lab fun begin!! :)
 With the retrieving under way, I had fun looking at our world through the lens! :)

 The waves had washed ashore many dainty jelly fish. :)


 While taking a photo of the foam, I noticed bubbles each time the waves slid in!
 It peaked my interest and ...
 as I looked closer, ...
 I realized it was caused from the clams below! :)
 All those little bodies beneath the sand, wanting to breath! :)

 I've been told you can tell the size of the clams from the size of their air holes! :)
 Coal is now full grown, and I noticed his foot prints are bigger and deeper than they were in the past! :)
 When we tired out our pup, we'd take in the town! Coal was happy to just sleep in the back seat. :)
 If we managed to tire ourselves out, too, we'd just relax in our room! Coal would go on the deck to take a few more breaths of ocean air before coming in, ...
 laying down, and ...
 passing out with contented exhaustion! :)
 Once rested it would be back out onto the beach! :)
I love the little wild strawberries ...
 and peas growing along the ocean path! :)
 I'm thrilled to now be with my man 33 yrs., and counting! :)


 Each time we go to the coast we make new friends in the form of both human and canine! :)
 As Coal is our only pup, he greatly enjoys meeting others of the canine variety! :)


 One look and we can tell when Coal has burnt off his excess energy. He is calm, relaxed, and ready to retire to our room whenever we are! :)
 We're not quite there yet. There's much to enjoy, first! :)










 The first whole sand dollar I've found on the beach since ..., I Think it's since I was a child! :)
 A Great find! :)

 Our last evening at the coast we packed and then watched the sunrise together! :)









Even though I can't share the sounds and feel of the ocean, I hope you can imagine the air on your skin, and the sounds of the seagulls and waves crashing! As much as we enjoy it, I hope you find some enjoyment (in these photos), too! :)
 I took more photos than I needed to, Way more than I shared in this post, but I couldn't help myself! They need to last us until our next beach get-away! :)

1 comment: