Saturday, July 6, 2013

Adventures, One Page At A Time! :)

When I was school age I remember finding satisfaction in reading in the Summertime! :) As an adult I seemed to feel I didn't have time to read, until more recently! :)
Instead of playing SUDOKU at night to relax enough to sleep, I've gotten into the enjoyable habit of reading myself to sleep! :)
After reading all my favorite books by Carla Kelly, twice through, I became desperate enough to go searching for old books I'd boxed away! [Some of these may even be ones I read as a schoolgirl!] :)
Having just finished reading all of these, I was pleased when my Honey surprised me with two new mystery books by Martha Grimes! :) I've already begun one of them, and am hopeful this author will take me on a fun new adventure! :)
As these books I've read begin to stack up, I'm amazed to see how much reading I've been accomplishing! ... Especially when you take into account the fact that most of the time I no more than read a few pages and I begin nodding off! (What's With That!?) I don't know what it is about reading that knocks me out, but it happens regularly! :) ...
The exception is Carla Kelly! She can spin a tail that's kept me up to the wee hours of the morning, having to see how it ends before I could sleep! :)
Anyway, it feels good to be losing myself in the journeys of good books again, adventures that one takes one page at a time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment