Saturday, March 1, 2014

Birds, Bulbs, & Beginnings! :)

 I'm thrilled that the hummers are here a little early this year! :)
 This one was startled by all the sudden activity going on above it's head! :)
 Chickadees were fleeting about the branches! I was delighted! :)
 Females as well as males! :)
 Robins, too, signaling Spring is arriving! :)
I love this time of year when the Summer birds are returning to the yard! Each one bringing their own unique song and sounds! :)
 This was the first hummer' photo, (taken quickly through the window glass)! How I love the male Rufous Hummingbirds, as they are always the first to appear, to claim their territories! :)
 I hope they are able to find enough pollen in the yard, but if not, at least they have the feeder! :)
 The honey bees are sure happy to see the crocus bulbs in bloom, ... as am I! :)








 There are a variety of plants beginning to bloom, now! :)







 Many of the bulbs I planted in pots, are beginning to emerge! :)
 Soon this year's Mason Bees will be waking, and their pollinating will begin! :)
 The garlic is beginning to stretch to the light! It should make a good harvest this Fall! :)
 Mick finds refreshment in the pools of rainwater gathered atop the garden plastic! :)
 Everywhere one looks, there are beginning signs of new Spring growth! :)



 I must apologize, as I noticed there are a few photos that repeated in this post. I'm not sure what happened as I didn't see them repeated in the original photo line up, prior to posting.

 It feels good to get out in the yard and begin cleaning the flower beds, ...
 And none too soon, as new growth is already beginning to reach! :)




 Welcome March, ...
And welcome birds, bulbs, and new beginnings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment