Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Warm Rain Shower! :)

One of my fond childhood memories is of a warm rain shower in Portland, OR! :) I now don't recall if it was a Spring or Summer rain, only that it was deliciously warm and comfortable! :)
I'd noticed the yellow rain boots, pants, hats, and coats in the family closet, and quickly asked permission to go play in the rain! :)
Permission granted, I donned the rain gear and went dashing out! I sprang down from the sidewalk to the edge of the road where a wild current of rain water was rushing toward the gutters in a steady stream! There I began my own rendition of Singing In The Rain, stomping and splashing vigorously! I remember tilting my head back, smiling up into the rain, and licking the welcome droplets that coursed their way by my mouth! :)
The experience energized me with utter joy, ... and I find I still enjoy rain showers to this day! :)
I've decided it's time to keep my eyes open for some fun new rain gear! I have sturdy, navy blue rain gear for working in the yard, ... but lately I have a growing desire to buy some rain gear that's sleek, cheerful, and just perfect for taking the dog on a walk in, say ... a warm rain shower!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment