Friday, June 6, 2014

June Jewels! :)

 I love June! :) June is full of exciting events (Flag Day; Father's Day; First day of Summer; ...
and in our family, lots of birthdays, including an upcoming June birthday of our first grand-daughter!!) :)
June is also a month that gleams with jewels throughout the yard and garden! :) ...
Roses! :)
 Late blooming rhododendron ...
 And peonies! :)


 Oh how I've missed the roses! :)







 This year we have a new June blooming clematis at the 'bird station', ... 'The First Lady'! :)
 I love her silvery, blue-lavender hue! :)
 And how I've missed Constance Spry! My Favorite of all roses! :)
 Not only is she beautiful, but her fragrance is perfection! No wonder spiders love to live in the folds of her petals! :)



 In June, the ferns are at their best! :)
 So are the blooms on this ornamental tree! (I want to say Snowdrop Tree, but it's been so long since I worked at the nursery, that I'm forgetting some names!) :)


 Everywhere there are June jewels! :)



 And did I mention strawberries!? :)
 One can't count the joys of June without making mention of the strawberries! :) I filled this container in a matter of minutes, and there's lots more to pick! :) I enjoy popping them in my mouth when I'm out watering the garden! :)
Ah! The joys of June jewels! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment