Friday, March 27, 2015

Let The Growing Begin! :)

 Today, after my Honey 'tilled the garden, I dug two trenches and planted the Yukon Gold Potatoes!
 The 4.4 lb. bag of seed is supposed to grow around 30 lb. of potatoes! :)
 I made a bed of Steer-Gro, (a compost / steer manure blend), for each potato seed to encourage them along! :)
 Then I covered them with 4"-6" of soil! :)
 The hill of soil between the rows will be used through the season to keep growing potatoes covered and protected from frost, sun, and from turning green! :)
 Looking to the back corner of the garden, you can see how tall the hill of soil is! :)
 Here are just of few of the plants I bought, recently, to add to the flower beds! They will add instant beauty now, and even more as they grow! :)
 Among them is a tomato plant, though I will be planting it later when danger of frost is over! :)
 New leaves are starting to grow! :)
 The apple, ...
 pear, ...
and cherry blooms are starting to form! :) ... I Love this time of year! :)
Let the growing begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment