Tuesday, February 16, 2016

It Looks Like Spring To Me! :)

 There are February valentines strewn about our yard! :)
 They are in the form of flowers, that bring much needed color at the end of Winter! :)
 I was drawn from crocus to crocus! :)

 Mick was drawn to Me, and before I could take a snapshot of three cheerful white blooms, standing together, he walked through them and they crumpled to the ground.
 I lifted them up to take a photo anyway, finding them too pretty to pass by! :)

 Then I noticed the hellebores! :)
 Most are in bud form promising beauty to come! :)
 The snowdrops are in full form, and just about done blooming already! :)
 These are more hellebores I planted a few years ago! :)



 How I love their detailed faces! :)
 These last two are doubles that I added last year! :)
 This is my first time seeing them bloom! :)
 I love the variety of color in the yard, from berries, ...
 to blooms, ...
 to new leaves! :)
 Sometimes frost kills the Camilla blooms, so I'm glad to see healthy buds this year! :)

 The flowering quince is budding, and the Rufous Hummingbirds should arrive just as they're opening! :)
 It is one of their most favorite sources of pollen! :)
 The pansies have bloomed all Winter, and keep right on, enjoying both the occasional sunshine and the cool air! :)

 Ladybugs are appearing! I appreciate the hard work they do, keeping aphids in check! :)
 I realize that February is a Winter month, ...
but it looks like Spring to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment