Tuesday, April 12, 2016

If She Were Here! :)

 Each year, when the ornamental cherry tree blooms, my thoughts turn to Sheana! :)
 Growing up, this was her favorite tree! :)
 Prom pictures were taken in front of it's blanket of blooms! :)
 Each year it lengthens it's reach until what was a twig, when we first moved in, now obscures the front of our home! :) ... It's been awhile since Sheana has seen it. Look how it's grown now! :)
 I wish I had power to wish her here so we could walk the property together! :) I'd point out the tassels and new leaves coming on the Birch trees! :)
 I'd love for her to see the new hostas I've added to the shade flower bed! I especially love the lime green ones! :)
 I'd ask her opinion about a cream blooming shrub the birds planted, behind the garage, and see if she thinks we should sever it or let it grow? :)
 We'd smile at the tulip shape of the leaves that are just opening on the tulip tree! :)
 We'd walk around the fruit trees, enjoying their blooms! :)

 I'd show her the section of garden I just planted with onions and yellow potatoes! :)
 We ended up with three rows of Yukon Gold Potatoes from this one small bag! :)
 We'd look at the new Mason Bee houses on the tool shed, and share our amazement at how many tubes they've already filled! :)
 Since it's only the first part of April, I'm wondering if I bought enough houses this year! :)
 Of course we'd go smell the lilacs and cut a few to bring in the house, to enjoy their aroma! :)
We'd walk near the flowering quince and watch the hummers zip around them! :)
... That's what Sheana and I would do if she were here! ... :)
... Since she isn't here, a visit by blog will have to do! :)
... Love you Sheana!! BIG SQUEEZE!! XO :)
... Looking forward to seeing you soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. My Mama used to tell me about how the spring was arriving in the Pacific Northwest, how the flowers were already blooming there...trying to cheer me up and maybe coax me home. Your photos are amazing, especially the last one. Little did Mama know I'd be there if only I could be. I know Sheana is missing you, too. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dolores for your thoughtfulness! Love and miss you, too! :) XO

    ReplyDelete