Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Home Is Heaven, To Me! :)

There's a primary song that says "Home can be a heaven on earth"! :) That describes perfectly how I feel about our home! :) Every crack and corner, it seems, has been filled with the dearest, most precious, memories and yet there is always room for more!! :)
Part of my joy is the feeling of purpose I have, as my "to-do-list" is endless, and each day I set about orchestrating my tasks, seeing how much I can get done! :)
We have many loves here, as we've surrounded ourselves with many of our favorite things, including my favorite rose, Constant Spry, who's as fragrant as she is beautiful! :)
How I love entering the garden gate and lifting the latch my honey lovingly forged for me, that is one small part of the deer fence he built for me, that I dearly cherish! :)
When I asked him if he had any request of what he'd like me to grow in the garden, this year, he suggested corn and potatoes, which suited me fine, as I'm a country girl who Loves potatoes and fresh corn-on-the-cob!! :)
Another favorite is Walla Walla Onions!! Yummm!! :)
In my opinion, no home is complete without the companionship of a dear canine friend! :)
Home is special because of the little things, (like noticing the Irish moss is in bloom as I pass by on my way to the mailbox!)
Or noticing that the rainbows seem to always go over our property, right there in our back field!
Many times they are double rainbows! :)
How I love the endless array of cloud formations! :)
And sometimes we even chance to see blue dragons or dinosaurs magically drifting by in the air! There are endless reasons why our homes "can be a heaven on earth", and these are only a few of the reasons why our home is a taste of heaven to me! :)
If, when my time comes to pass on, our Heavenly Father asks me what setting I'd like, I'll ask Him if it can please be like my earth home, as that is heaven to me!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oops! I wrote Constant Spry as the name of my rose, by mistake! Her name is Constance Spry and she is one of David Austin's roses! She is a one time bloomer, but blooms for a month or longer! She is my favorite as her fragrance is divine and her beauty is perfection! :) While many of my roses have died to winter kill, Constance Spry remains hardy, and even requires the winter chill to inspire her to bloom, each year! She is amazing, and if I could only choose one rose, it would be her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, BJ! It makes me happy! I love your attitude about life. You are amazing, like Constance Spry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful posts BJ. It makes me jealous to have my own house again and what would it be like to live where things bloomed and grew. You take beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing with all the missionary moms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, what a sweet thing to say! Thank you, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking time to look at my blog, Vera, and for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete