Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Enter The Gate For Some Garden Gab! :)

This time of year I wish I could go around visiting all my neighbors and friends gardens just to enjoy seeing what they have growing, and to gain inspirational ideas for our own garden! :)
If you love visiting gardens and garden talk, like I do, enter our gate for some garden gab! :)
Since I went overboard on my tomato and pepper seedlings, this year, a large portion of the space designated for veggies has been filled with "my baby plants"! :)
Our hot peppers! (Two types)! :)
Our Bell Peppers, (red, yellow, and orange)! :)
A mix of sweet peppers! :)
Since the tomato plants inside the greenhouse are starting to bloom, and I haven't yet seen any bees frequenting them, I bought a couple hanging baskets to put by the greenhouse door, and moved a pot that's starting to bloom just inside the greenhouse, to draw pollinators to them! :)
On nice days, I also open both doors to lest the breeze in to rustle any blooms that are self-pollinating! So far I've seen hummers and bumble bees visiting the flowers, but not the tomato blooms! Bees are all over the lavender growing in the front yard, so I'm going to buy some potted lavender for the garden, next! :)
I have tons of flower seeds I'd wanted to grow in the garden, for this purpose, but it's been too wet and cold a Spring this year, so I didn't grow them! (Note to self, - start some flower seeds indoors next year, when I start the tomato and pepper seeds!)
I have two long rows of tomato plants growing, of various indeterminate types! :)
Along the outside wall of the greenhouse I have cherry tomatoes growing! :)
And what else is growing in the garden!? :) ...
There's a long row of various winter and summer squash growing with two types of yellow potatoes at the end of that row! There's an even longer row of a variety of onions growing on the other side of them! You'll notice 4 rows of corn growing, in the background, and a covered row of cold crop items (cabbages, cauliflowers, brussels sprouts, & broccoli)! :)

The fruit and perennial section of the garden is out-of-control with weeds this year, due to all the rainy days keeping me from weeding early on! I'm finally making a tiny dent in it, and have a lot of work ahead to get it all tidy before the raspberries start to put on fruit! :)
The elephant garlic is starting to bud! :)
The white currant bush is putting on fruit! :)
The potatoes are starting to bloom! :)
The sweet shelling peas are sprouting, ...
As are the green beans! :)
The blueberries are coming on great this year, with full branches of fruit! The hummingbirds do a great job of pollinating their blooms each year, and this year they outdid themselves! :)

I know you have to go, and I'm sure I kept you too long! Once I get gabbing about the garden it's hard to stop! :) I'd love to see your garden sometime, - and feel free to come back and visit the garden again! Hopefully next time, we'll have some produce to share! :)
Wishing us all sunny summer days, 'till then!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment