Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Days Are Filled With The Tastes Of Summer! :)

I love watching the sun come up and feeling the sense of wonder and the thrill of all that's possible in this new day! :)
This morning as I watched the sun rising, I thought of the many things on my to-do list, and narrowed down what I would focus on today! :)
One of the things I would do, was right in view! I would spend some time in the garden! :)
When I'd been out digging up our Yukon Gold Potatoes, I'd noticed some green beans that had gotten a little too fat on the vine, and today it was time to harvest some of the awaiting garden produce! :)
Speaking of produce, I should mention that the yellow potatoes were extra impressive this year! :)
For only having planted 4 or 5 seeds, they gave us enough for 4 or 5 meals! :)
I was happy with the size of the potatoes as well! :)
They taste as good as they look, and next year I'm planning to grow a longer row so we'll have some to store! :)
So today, after I picked the pole beans, I went back out and took a look at the tomatoes! There were a few more ripe ones waiting to be picked! :)
Though most of our tomatoes are still green, many are now showing a golden blush on them, promising that this summer heat may do the trick and ripen them! I'm more than ready!! :)
Some are starting to look yellow so it shouldn't be too much longer until they turn orange and then red! :)
I was able to fill a garden tray with color today! Aren't vegetables a feast for the eyes!? :)
Since we ate the last of the green beans I picked last time, the timing's good! We all enjoy how they taste fresh from the garden, so we'll be eating more green beans tonight! :)
I love this time of year when the days are filled with the tastes of summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment