Monday, April 23, 2012

Here, There, And Back Again! :)

 Like many of us, gardening has been a love of mine for as long as I can remember! :) For me, gardening is like breathing! I can't imagine living without it! :)
When I decided to go back to working outside of our home, the garden nursery seemed like a natural fit! :) I gave everything I'd learned here at home to it, and felt myself a valuable employee! :)
I started at one nursery that was financially struggling, and got a good review to move on to another nursery that was much larger and very successful! :)
Now, I've taken the additional skills and knowledge I gained from the nurseries, and am applying it back in my own yard! :)








 Did you know you can completely prune your fern every year to enjoy an all new flush of growth!? :)


 One of the things I learned at the nursery is to not be bashful about adding whimsy! :)



 I love my "fat bird" that sits in one of the birdbaths! It's one bird that doesn't have to fly away when the kitties decide to come and drink there! :)
 It's was actually from my garden friend, Jan, that I learned you don't have to have a water pond to enjoy having water plants, like this miniature cattail! :)
 A speckled violet that I fell in love with at the nursery, now grows in one of my flower beds! :)

I love to look up and see the moon reflecting the sun in the blue, blue sky! :)
 My first potted arrangement of the season! It will eventually spill over and hang down the sides! :)


 Just freshly planted, thus bits of soil can be seen on the feathery leaves and  petals! :)

 New plants have found a home! They will eventually fill in and be lovely! :)
 Watered the following day after planting, to protect from sun stress! :)
 Planted on an overcast day to reduce stress on the plants! :)
Photo below shows the fun of laying out the bed to check placement before planting them in the ground! :)
All Season Nursery was an amazing place to work! We had the most hard working, skilled, talented, and plant-educated bosses in Jim and Nancy!! :) The rest of the staff was equally incredible in their love of plants, and honest, loving ways! We felt like a family, and chose to get together for holidays on our off time! Some of us still make a point to get together, and the love of plants is still shared! :)
When All Seasons Nursery sold, though the goodbyes are always a little hard, I was happy to have time to spend in my own yard again, and put into practice the additional things I learned there! :)
My garden knowledge started here, then took me there ... and back again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment