Monday, June 25, 2012

An Ever Learning Experience, That I Love! :)

Come on back to the garden! :) I'm so glad it's that time of year again to tend the veggie garden! :)
Everything's now planted, including the strawberry plants that I totally revamped this spring! Since field grass took them over before, I dug them up, Rud 'tilled the area thoroughly, and I replanted them in a raised double row! I'm making a point to keep them well weeded, though I need to hoe the walkway, on either side, still! :)
The raspberry plants that were just starts, a short 2 yrs. ago, are already established and will be producing again this fall! :)
This is the first year for the young tayberry plants to produce for us, and I can hardly wait to taste them! It's been years since I ate a tayberry and I'm very anxious to have that riot of flavor dance in my mouth again! :)
The flower pot is successfully drawing the honey and bumble bees into the greenhouse where the tomato plants are now in  bloom! :)
It's been years since I last grew lettuce, and this years I have 7 types growing! I'm hoping to find a favorite to grow in future years! :)
 This is the first year for growing Fava beans! We'll use them as a dry shelling bean! :)
Even our corn is one I haven't grown before! I hope it's as good as the catalog said since I have 5 long rows growing! :)
 This is the first time for growing this tomato, too! :) It's called Moby Grape! :)
I past by a full fruited plant at a nursery, last year, and the moment I popped one in my mouth I knew I'd be growing it this year! It's flavor is everything I want in a tomato, and even the skin dissolved in my mouth! :)
I started using empty juice jugs to protect the young squash plants from slugs, this year, and have discovered they work like mini greenhouses and boost the growth of the squash plants! I'm planning to use this technique in the future! :)
 Bodacious corn! :) Have any of you grown this kind, and did you like it!? :)
The cranberry plants are starting to bloom! I love that this is now a normal part of our garden experience! :)
Every year we try growing new things, in the veggie garden, as well as the "tried-and-true"! It keeps things exciting out there, and is an ever learning experience, ... that I Love!! :)

2 comments: