Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sleek Siberian Iris! :)

My love of the Siberian Iris started when I saw them growing in a family member's yard! He generously sent a few plants home with me, and not having attentive gardening skills then, (and my honey getting carried away with the weed eater), I lost around three of them. However, due to their hardiness, two survived! Eventually those two needed to be divided, so I now have several dark purple and light blue flowering iris plants! :) Last year I decided to buy a few more baby plants to add more variety and color to our yard! :) This is a photo of one of the new ones! :)











 Another new one, with variegated leaves! :)



 I love this new soft lavender color! :)
 Some of the new ones! One day they will make a fun statement in the flower bed! :)


 I believe this one is called Butter n' Creme! It's a dwarf one, and I love it's colors! :)

I love these sleek Siberian Iris so much that, when the time comes to divide them again, I plan to add them to more of our flower beds! What a statement they'll make! :) If only they continued to bloom all summer long like they do all spring! :)
If they take your heart, like they do mine, be sure to let me know if you'd like some divisions some time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment