Sunday, June 24, 2012

Garden Goal! :)

 One of my garden goals is to have color in the yard season round! :)
 Now that the Siberian Iris, Peonies, and
 Rhodies ...

have finished blooming, I felt a little pang of sorrow and panic! I was enjoying the Spring color so much and now wondered what is going to happen now that the Spring color is gone!? :)
Did I fail to make sure I had enough color in the yard come June/July?
At one time I'd had several rose bushes and other flowering shrubs in the yard, that started showing rich colors in June, but sadly a couple unusually hard winters did some of them in.
 So I took a walk around the yard and was pleased to see the new flush of Summer color coming on! :)















 I was surprised to see some Spring blooming bleeding hearts still blooming, too! :)



So while there's always room for improvement, and I've made some mental notes on how I can improve the Summer color in our yard, I'm pleased to see that, overall, I'm not doing too bad on this garden goal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment