Tuesday, May 7, 2013

If Only There Were 10 Of Me! :)

 The last two days I finished planting the two ends of the garden! :)
 Tomorrow morning the nursery that I plan to buy my tomato and pepper plants from are expecting their new tomato shipment in! If all goes as planned, I'll be planting the greenhouse tomorrow, and will have most everything planted! :)
 The space is now filled, but I still want to find a way to squeeze in some herbs and sunflowers! I have a few ideas about how I'm going to do that! Wish me luck! :)
 Sometimes I have to be a bit creative to squeeze more in, and still leave walkways! :) When I planted a row of cabbage, I got an idea when I placed the fabric cover hoops on the row! :) I decided to use them in another row as wide row markers in order to plant more varieties! Each section has different items and some sections have multiple items! :)
 When I planted the three pole towers, I decided to also use the space in the center for growing lettuce! :) As the beans and peas grow they will provide shade for the lettuce, thus providing a place to grow the lettuce that I otherwise wouldn't have! :)
 I'm also experimenting with using these three folding tomato cages in a new way! By turning them on a tight angle I'm hoping they will work to trellis cucumbers and cantaloupe! My aim is have them growing up instead of out! :)
 I took a close up of the dozen red candy apple onions I planted within the open greenhouse last Fall! So far this experiment is working! If they provide full onions for us this season, I will plant some onion seeds to grow in the greenhouse this winter for next season! :)
 As I mentioned in the previous post, I planted the squash and watermelon hills too close together. We'll see which types do well and I'll likely grow less varieties next year, to give them more room to ramble. I'm planning to direct the vines down walkways as best I can this season! :)
 I'm trying a new corn this year (Honey Select) that a friend recommended! :) Instead of growing 5 rows, I'm growing 4, the bare minimum amount for good pollination! :)
 Not only do I squeeze to get more in the veggie garden, but I'm also finding the need to try to find a way to fit more into the flower beds! :)
 There is always more I want to buy and add to our yard, but the beds are running out of room! :)
Aren't the peonies pretty? I still have three other peonies in the back yard that I need to move into a bed so my Honey doesn't have to mow around them, ... but where!? :)
 The hardy geraniums are taking more ground space than I anticipated, but I like them! :)
 As you can see, the beds have gotten full! :)




 Sometimes I look at our acreage and dream of adding more flower beds, and flowering trees, but then I remind myself that one gardener can only upkeep just so much! :)
 Especially when this one gardener also has the decent size vegetable garden to tend! :)
It doesn't stop me from dreaming of more loam soil all fluffed and waiting to be planted! :) ... If only there were 10 of me, ... the fun I'd have planting!! :)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment