Saturday, May 4, 2013

Let The Gardening Begin! :)

 This morning we lifted the black plastic, my Honey 'tilled the garden, and I spent most of the day playing in the dirt! :)
 There's something about fresh loamy soil that makes my heart sing, and I just can't wait to get my hands in it! :)
 Every year it's a juggling act, trying to see how much I can cram into our veggie space, and still leave walking room! :) The squash and melons are planted too close together again this year, but I am determined to grow many varieties, and still have space for other veggies! :)
 At least half of the garden is planted! The middle section is the corn, squash, and watermelon! :)
Note how well the onions are doing, especially the row on the far left, after spending the winter in the open greenhouse! So far it looks like that experiment worked! :)
 There's still a lot of weeding to do in the fruit section, but I'm working at making it tidy! :)
It's fun seeing all the strawberries in bloom and hoping for good production this year! :)
 The greenhouse is repositioned with cages (for the tomatoes and peppers), and the towers are set up for the snow peas, green beans, and a new pole shelling bean! :)
 There's still some room left (on the two ends) for potatoes, flowers, and a variety of other vegetables! :)
 Nothing but blue sky, and temps' in the 80's and 70's, with more expected! :)
The rhubarb is already getting ready to use! :)
The weather and growing conditions couldn't be more perfect! :) Let the gardening begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment