Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Spilling Over! :)

 Today I was amazed to see a peony bloom showing it's happy face on a plant that's supposed to be done blooming! It decided it's Spring bloom will spill into Summer this year! :)
 It's hardy geranium neighbor, decided this is the year to burst right out of the bed and spill onto the lawn! :)
I'm debating weather to cut back the plants or extend the bed. I think I'll end up doing a bit of both! :)
 The blooms and branches of the spireas remind me of waves spilling onto the sand! :)
 The one with white blooms even makes me think of sea foam! :)

 There are so many plants happily sharing this space, they are spilling into each other! :)
 I'm enjoying the way the blooms are spilling from the stems of two new penstemons! :)

 I love the way the leaves of this white blooming akebia always spill over each other in mass! :)
 Even the begonias, in the shade, have blooms spilling over each other! :)


 As does the hydrangea blooms, ...
 And the blooms of the fuchsia! :)
 At last the trailing annuals in the flower pots are beginning to spill over the sides! :)



 Throughout the yard color and texture are spilling over, everywhere! :)

I'm delighted to say that the clover plants I remember from my childhood, that I recently introduced into our shade flower bed, are doing well in their new location! They are eatable and have a savory sour taste that I just love! :) Hopefully their success will spill over into many years to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment