Thursday, August 8, 2013

Garden Firsts! :)

 Today I dug up the garlic patch! It's the first time I've grown this much! :)
 They'll dry in the Summer sun for 7 to 10 days and then they should be ready to store! :)
 We love Elephant Garlic, ...
 And Purple Glazier Garlic, which are both good choices for the Pacific NW! :)
 The sunflowers are opening now which delights all the bees! :)
 It's the first time the slugs devoured the vast majority of the sunflowers I planted, not only Once, but Twice! ... I will plant them again next year, in a different location! :)

 This is also the first time the poppies grew where I did Not plant them, volunteering from last years flower patch! :)

 I decided to grow the Pink Lemonade Blueberry, this year, and I'm glad I did! I love their distinct flavor! :)
 The first raspberries of the season! I forgot how flavorful they are right from the cane!! :)
 It's also the first time I didn't see the potatoes bloom! I put more soil cover on them, to prevent green potatoes, and perhaps that had something to do with it? :)
As long as we have a nice bounty, I don't mind! :)
These beauties are simmering in a pot, along with chicken breast and other garden produce, in our "garden stew", as I write! :)
...
You know the saying "There's a first time for everything."? :)
I've found each year there are new things that happen in the garden, both planned and unexpected, which keep gardening exciting, and ever a learning experience! :)
Happy Gardening Everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment