Sunday, October 12, 2014

I Love Books & Those Who Write Them! :)

 For the past three days I have been enjoying myself at Rosario Beach, with ANWA, a network of LDS women writers! :)
 This year there were around 36 of us there! :)
 When we first arrived I had one friend, Donna, who I'd met once before on a flight! She had told me about this retreat, and invited me when she learned I had an interested in writing! :)
 This was our cabin, ... the one on the end! :)
 The place is beautiful and peaceful, ...
 And just lends itself to writing! :)
 Do you see the boat out on the water? :)
 This is where we checked in! :)
 The gardener in me always checks out the landscaping! Pretty, isn't it? :)
I Love this bell! Next time I go I'm going to ask about it's purpose, and see if I may ring it! :)

 The main meeting room looks out on the beach! :)
 Talk about inspiring setting! :)
 There's even tables outside for nice days! :)
 Our first night there we enjoyed an incredible sunset of pinks, peach, and gold! :)
 Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me at the time, so you only get to see things looking overcast.
 ... Still pretty, though. :)
 They have been meeting at this location for the past four years, and I loved looking at the wall photos that are now tradition! I smile knowing I will be added to the wall now! :)
 It amazes me how quickly we became friends and admirers of each other! This is such an amazing group of women! They feel like family now! :)
 Here are two of my cabin mates! Michelle Moore, (to the left), is a publicist for Shadow Mountain, and Michelle Wilson, (on the right), is an author! Remember her smiling face because you will see her book and expressive bare feet, in a bit! :) She has the most impressive wit as well as beauty! :)
 Here are my cabin buddies! :) I made a point to share two photos because you know how human nature is, ... we tend to find fault with ourselves and wish the sharer used a different photo! :)
 As you can see for yourself, they are all beauties, ... and were a joy to bunk with! :)
 Here is a most impressive mother and daughter team! They not only worked hard to make the retreat a success, but they each taught classes, too, and I learned a lot from both of them! :)
 I had to show them in action! I lost count of the many wigs and accessories that were used in their skits! They made learning So Fun! They kept us all laughing, and I appreciate them more than they know! :)
 Their hard work was shown in every little detail! Thanks again Terry & Crystal! :)
 My biggest draw in going, was knowing Carla Kelly was going to be our key speaker! :) If I'm going to learn from an author, I want to learn from the Best! I've read every book of hers I can get my hands on, and she was just as I had imagined she'd be, and better! I learned so much from her that will stay with me forever! :)
 Here she is signing all nine books I bought! That's how many she had with her that I didn't have yet! :)
 Thanks for everything Carla! :) ... I'll be talking to my hubby, and brother-in-law, about herding the cattle, and getting back with you! :)

ANWA has many published authors, and at the end of our retreat we have an opportunity to buy books! I bought a book from Liz, (on left) and had already bought and read Donna's, (on right), 'Strand of Doubt' before our retreat! It's fun to see author friends signing and buying each other's books! :)
 This book is the one-that-got-away! I wanted to buy Miracle Maker so bad, but it was sold out by the time I got to her table. ... No worries, though, ... it will be released soon at Deseret Book, in time for Christmas, and I will be buying it then! :)
 Since my daughter was instrumental in my going, (she kept encouraging me until I signed myself up), I felt an appropriate 'thank you' was to buy her a couple books from my retreat! :) I bought them for myself, too, and think it will be fun to read them at the same time and discuss them together, over the phone! :)
 This is the book by my cabin buddy, Michelle! Isn't her foot pose Perfect for expressing insecurity? She's talented right down to her toes! :)
 I also bought us 'Wife for Life'! I'm really looking forward to reading these together! :)
 For myself, I bought Pam Williams' novel, 'Living it down'! :)
 And, of course, Carla Kelly's books! If she'd had 100 books I hadn't read yet, I would have bought them all! We Are talking Carla Kelly here, after all! :) If any of you have read Carla's books, you know what I mean! :) If you haven't read any of her books yet, ... I heartily encourage you to read one! They can be found at Deseret Book and on Amazon! ... I should warn you, however, that they are like potato chips! You can't read just one! ... If you're like me, ... you can't read enough of them! :)
 I learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed myself! :)
 Next Fall, I hope to go again! :)
 With Halloween knocking on our door, ...
 If I feel it's okay for things to feel a little spooky, ...
 I will open Liz's book about Spider, her deputy sheriff turned private investigator, and let her web of mystery take it's hold on me! :)
 I have always loved books, ... and now I have an even deeper love and appreciation for those who write them! :)

1 comment:

  1. Crumb dumb! I proof read, but still missed one of my errors! Third photo from the top, last line should read, "... when she learned I had an interest in writing!" I actually Did learn a lot about grammar and how to write, ... I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete