Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Happy January Everyone! :)

 January is here and with it the pleasurable work that awaits! :) Not only is it time to pour over seed catalogs and plan this year's garden, but it's time to prune and clean flower beds! My goal is to have both done by Valentine's Day, (Only four weeks away!) :)
 There's also a lot of prep' work to do in the veggie garden after being gone last summer, but that is on hold until the main flower beds and pruning is done! :)
 I managed to spend 2 to 2 1/2 hours working in the yard, each of the last two days, before my body complained! (Every year I have to retrain my body for the rigors of outside work!) :) My trusty wheelbarrow shadowed me as I moved around the yard picking up dead limbs, making pruning cuts, and beginning the task of cleaning flower beds! I've only just touched the surface! :)
 As I work I see fresh green tips of flower bulbs pushing through the soil, and know I need to hurry to clear the debris away for them! :)
 January is a month when there's so much to do all at once, that I need to focus on taking things one day at a time! I love that I need never worry of being bored and having nothing to do! It's the best fitness program, and it helps me to strengthen muscles, (including those I forgot I had), and lose winter's excess weight! :)
 I realize January is a month of snow, and more snow, for many states, and the thought of spring work is almost laughable. I'm sure snow shoveling is the work-out of choice, there! :)
  Here, in the Pacific Northwest, January yard work is a pressing fact! It's time to get out there and "make hay" as the saying goes! :)
 Working hard now, (when the weather allows), is important since the new plant growth is already beginning to push up! It also means more time to relax and enjoy our yard later! :)
 If you're itching for some yard work and don't have any to do, you can always come work with me! There's an endless amount of it, here, and we have a 2nd wheelbarrow to shadow us as we work! :)
Happy January, Everyone! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment