Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Busy Bees! :)

 Sometimes, when I'm out taking photos of our flowers, I chance upon our little Mason bees hard at work! :) It's fun to watch them cover their little bodies in pollen and ...
 burrow into the folds of the soft petals! :)
 I recently added two new bee houses for them, as the others were full. This one has two tubes filled already. :)

This one has five filled! All it takes is one filled tube to have Mason Bees for the following year! I'm happy to see the numbers growing! These two new houses should be enough for them this year, and next Spring I will put up more houses for them! :)
I'm joyfully planting more plants in our flower beds, making sure there is something in bloom all season! :)
One day I hope to have as many Mason Bees working our property as we had working the nursery I used to work at! There's something very satisfying about busy little bees! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love those little be houses. Where can I get some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most garden nurseries sell them in the Spring. There are different types, as well! New tubes are also sold each year! :) Some nurseries also sell the Mason Bees. We sold them at the nursery I worked for and that's where I bought my first tube of bees! (There are around 5 babies within a tube.) They are only sold in the early Spring as most Mason Bees need to be able to emerge and start their cycle of life around March! :)

    ReplyDelete