Monday, June 1, 2015

Changing Gears! :)

 At the start of the year I set a goal to get back on track with my weight, fitness, and over-all good health! :) I've been counting calories and have successfully lost the first 24 lbs. and have 14 pounds to go until I reach my goal weight! :)
 Since I don't have that much weight to lose, my calorie count (weight x 7= calories) has now fallen below the 1200 calorie mark. This played on my mind the first time I counted calories to lose weight, and I ended up sabotaging my own success over it by giving up counting all-together. This time I've learned from that mistake and won't make it again!
 Instead of over-reacting, I'm changing gears! :) From here on out I will keep my calorie count at a healthy 1200! I will now increase my exercise to make up the difference, by burning the calories I'm not depriving myself through food alone! :)

Example: (my current weight) 164 lbs. x 7 = 1148 calories. Yet 1200 calories is needed for a healthy woman's body.
If I'm thinking correctly, 1200 - 1148 = 52 calories I need to burn off through exercise to continue losing weight.
Since I have tons of yard and garden work, and our trusty Nordic Track, this should not be difficult to do! :)

 I expect this process to be slower, but healthier. Good health is the true goal, after all, is it not? :)Sometimes all it takes is a shift in thinking and activity! Here's to changing gears and to good health! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment