Monday, December 28, 2015

New Year's Is Coming, Ready Or Not! :)

 Usually we like to have our home cleared of all Christmas decorations by New Year's Eve, so we are ready to welcome in the new year with a fresh start! :)
 I look at the calendar and see I only have a few days left, and I'm not yet ready! I'm still enjoying all the decorations, and the Christmas tree is still drinking water every morning, so it is not close to going brittle or needing to go out! :)
 I hope I feel ready to clear it all out soon! :)
 I'm also feeling a need to see a good snow fall! We didn't get any snow last year, and though we woke to a skiff of snow Christmas morning, I've yet to enjoy watching it softly floating from the sky! :)
 Perhaps part of the reason I'm not feeling ready to welcome the new year yet is because I liken it to welcoming Spring, and I'm not quite there yet! :)
 The seed catalogs are arriving in the mail, and I know the days have begun to lengthen, (though it's too soon to notice yet), and it's time to think about pruning, picking up branches, cleaning flower beds, and other outdoor work! :) These are all things I welcome, ... but not quite yet! :)
 Silver Bells is playing in the background, the Christmas tree lights are all aglow, and the house feels cozy and bright with all the decorations! :)
 It's hard to think about Spring when one wants to sit and relax with a mug of hot chocolate, and dream of a winter wonderland! :)
 Hopefully by tomorrow or the next day I'll get into that "box up Christmas mode" and become a flurry of activity, ... 'cause New year's is coming, ready or not! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment