Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Well Organized Pajama Party! :)

 I am feeling very blessed! Three days before Christmas I had surgery on my foot. It was my first time having surgery and I didn't know quite what to expect. It was outpatient surgery, so nothing too overwhelming. :)
 I was so impressed with everyone involved! As I lay on the operating table, all where in motion around me, each tackling their responsibilities with focus and skill! :)
 Great care was taken for patient comfort, right down to the foam padded arms of the table! :)
 With one nurse stretching out one of my arms on the left and another stretching out my arm on the right, and a third nurse approaching me with what looked like a leather belt, I grinned and announced that I felt a bit like Frankenstein! There were smiles and returned grins! :)
 I heard, "I'll be putting this in your IV now." Then heard my surgeon happily announce to the staff, "We are done!" :) I was amazed at how smooth it all went! :) My hubby said surgery only took around 30 minutes! :)
 I told my nurse, after, as she helped me get ready so my Hubby could drive me home, that it felt like a well organized pajama party! :) Thank goodness she laughed and shared my sense of humor! :)
 Happy New Year Everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment