Thursday, July 25, 2019

I Love When A Plan Comes Together! :)

 Last blog post I shared the process of hilling up our corn., as it was knee high! :)
 I fertilized & hilled the rows on July 8th, and I wanted to show you the results! :)
 This is what 2 weeks and 3 days later looks like! It now stands over my head! :)
 You can see how tall it is next to the 7' green house frame! The stalks are 6' tall now! :)
 The pole beans are reaching up over the roof wires, now! Just as I hoped they would! :)
 Within the frame, the lettuce is growing on one side with the cabbage on the other. :)
 The lettuce is finally showing some full heads, ready to eat! :)
 The cabbage is growing, too! :)
 The tomatoes have grown, as well, as we knew they would! They now reach up to the ceiling and will continue to grow through the season, unless I pinch the tops. :)
 The plants are full of fruit! :)
 Come August & September, they will be ripening and we'll be "seeing red"! :)
 Green isn't the only color in the garden, however! We have the first bits of color in flowers! :)
 There are a mix of colors in a variety of flowers! :)
 This is one of this year's poppies that I planted from seed ! :)
 The mixed zinnias are starting to bloom as well, and it's fun to see new color every day! :) This is what I was hoping for when I planted them! I may even bring a bouquet in the house to enjoy! :)
 I added a flower pot to the garden and have been seeing hummers and butterflies visiting it! It's fun to invite them to the garden with something bright that they can't miss! :)
 This Swiss chard plant is out-performing expectations! :)
Not unlike the fig tree that I planted as a baby plant the year Rud built the garden fence! I didn't really expect it to do well in our area, but I know a couple people who've been successful with figs, here in the Pacific NW, so I wanted to give it a try. It's now big enough that I will begin the pruning process on it this winter. :)
I Love when things work out and a plan comes together! :)
Here's wishing you all success in the dreams you're planting of your own! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment