Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Garden Can Now Rest! :)

Last week, while Brennan looked on, I put the garden to bed! Occassionally he'd slap the window to get my attention and my enthusiastic wave to him!! :)
There are still a few items in the garden, for now, that will continue to grow and offer more for the table, - and sunflowers for the birds! :)
I regret that it didn't get a fall 'tilling to better prepair it for next spring, but it's not the end of the world! :)
Our burn pile grew as the garden waste was pulled up and piled on it! :)

You may notice the orange wheel-barrel, in the background, that has been put away, (untill the bark is ready to be laid in the flower beds)!
While the wheel-barrel still has more work ahead of it before winter, the garden can now rest! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your beautiful pictures make me miss New Jersey so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Hey! Why not move onto the property next door, Pat!? You can enjoy the scenery here with me and we can go for walks together on the quiet dead-end road, and get fit together!grin

    ReplyDelete