Friday, February 19, 2010

Bees, Bugs, and Blooms! :)

Lately we're enjoying spring weather, and since I was working in the yard, I couldn't help noticing that I wasn't the only one drawn out by the warmth of the sun! :) Try clicking on this photo for a better look at this honey bee covered in pollen from head to toe! :)
Look in the petal to see the bee dusted in pollen and packing it on it's hard working legs! :)

They even started collecting pollen from potted heather plants the minute I positioned them on the lawn! (I was planning an extension to an exsisting flower bed!) :)

I had no worries taking photos of the honey bees, or this bumble bee, as they were more concerned about collecting pollen than they were about me or my camera! :)

I thought the soft purple color of this bug (or is it a butterfly with it's wings closed?) complemented the purple crocus! :)

I'm familiar with, but don't know the name of, this bee-like bug resting on the crocus! It, too, was enjoying the pleasant spring-like day! :)
I hope these photos enlarge when you click on them for better enjoyment! (For those not sure how to get back to the blog once you've clicked on the photo and it enlarges, just click on the blue "back" arrow at the top left corner of your screen!) :)
The morning sun is shining brite on last night's white frost, and we've got nothing but blue sky again!! I love these sunny days and, as you can see, so do our pollenating friends!! :)
Hope you're enjoying sunshine where you are! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice photos mom! Looks like the flowers are doing well with your wonderful help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sweets! :) I hope you clicked on that first photo to see the honeybee enlarged! It's just covered in pollen from antenna to tail! :)

    ReplyDelete