Monday, February 8, 2010

Sensational Seeds! :)

Now's the time of year for pouring over garden seed catalogs and planning out this year's garden! I usually mail atleast one catalog order every year, because it allows you to have seeds you can't find in the local stores! :)
Fortuantely, this year, I've been able to find most of the seeds I want locally, so I won't need to buy them all through the catalog, which can be expensive!
These are some of the flower seeds I'd displayed by height on a tv tray, so I could study them and try to visualize the best way to arrange them in the garden! Visualizing the lay out is one of the most time consuming, but benneficial, steps of gardening! :)
Every year the crops need to be rotated for healthy plants, so every year a new layout needs to be planned! By planning it all out now, I will be ready to begin planting at planting time! :)
This year I'm planning to add more flowers than I ever have before, as I noticed how many bees, butterflies, hummingbirds, and helpful insects were attracted to the garden by the flowers I'd planted in with the veggies, last year! :)
I'm toying with the ideah of planting these flower seeds in one long strip, running the length of the garden, with the tallest flowers ( sunflowers ) in the middle, sizing down to the shortest flowers running along the sides of the strip! I've got time to change my mind, but right now I'm thinking this plan may be fun and attractive! :)
One never knows for sure how these ideahs are going to pan out but it looks good in my head, so it's worth a try! :) If it works well, I'll do it again next year! Time will tell! :)
I welcome any ideahs any of you may have on how you'd lay out the flowers in the veggie garden, or even in pots!? :)
Some of these sensational seeds are going to be planted in my garden for the first time ever, which adds to the mystery of how they will look if planted all together! I've got to say that it's an exciting venture!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are going to be having some fun soon! Good luck with every thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheana! I have alot to do between now and spring, but I'm looking forward to working in the garden again and seeing everything grow, and the flowers bloom! :)

    ReplyDelete