Wednesday, May 26, 2010

There's Treasure Everywhere! :)






I, and my family, are huge fans of Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes! :) Many nights I read this comic to shut my mind down to go to sleep! I blieve we have every C & H book he wrote! We wish he was still living and writing them! :)

This one about Calvin looking for, (and finding), treasure is one of my favorites! I find I enjoy life when I'm keeping my eyes wide open to the many wonders of this earth! :)
Even our trials in this life are for our learning and bennefit, though it may not feel like it at the time we experience them! - Then again, there are times we Do manage to see the blessings in our trials while we're experiencing them, and when that happens we are all the more blessed! :)
When our daughter was going through the process of having open-heart surgery, to replace a life-threatening infected valve, - (with just the two of us in her quiet hospital room), she offered a sincere, humble prayer of gratitude for the opportunity it gave her to develope closer relationships to extended family and friends. In all she went through, her focus was on "the treasures"!! :)
A friend of mine has been valiently battling cancer for some time now. She is currently in the process of progressing on to the other side. Her organs are shutting down, and it's just a matter of time untill her heart stops and she slips away. - On a recent visit I was touched by how fun she made the visit for myself and the stream of friends coming to see her! One would have thought it was a party!! She was joyious about seeing all her friends filing through, and her family near! Her eyes are on the treasure!! :)
I could share more examples, and I'm sure you can think of some too, of those who find treasure in the dirty rocks, weird roots, and disgusting grubs of life! :)
This earth life is for our joy and learning! Valient is the soul who remembers this and lives it with their eyes ever on the treasure that is, indeed, everywhere!! :)

6 comments:

  1. You are a stinker for putting me in there.;) P.S. Aunt Lee was there too when I prayed. Love you mom! See you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You belong in this post, my dear, because you are one of the valient! :) XO
    I wonder if you prayed more than the once about this, because the time I'm thinking of, it was just you and I in the room. It may have been the same day that we were reading the church magazines together! :)
    Love you oodles!! See you and yours very soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post, BJ. Great message. I also love Calvin and Hobbes and find deeper messages in it too. I suppose I should be looking for more treasures. Thanks for a great, heartfelt post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments Anna! I always love reading what you have to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son has a lot of Calvin and Hobbes books and he still likes them at age almost 29! Thanks for your comments on treasures. You are a treasure. Thanks for the reminder. I hope your friend's passage to the next life is easy and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your kind comments Pat! :)In less than 4 weeks we have our get-together in Salt Lake! I'm looking forward to it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete