Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Ready! Let The Holiday's Begin! :)

I love this time of year!! There's something festive about the crispness in the air, the color that's starting to show in the leaves, and that noticeable chill when the sun goes down! :)
Suddenly I feel like baking something in the oven; heating up the tea kettle; burning spicy candles; listening to a CD that is suited to this time of year; and gearing up for the holidays! :)
Over the years it's become tradition to decorate for a holiday on the first of the month of that holiday, so today, being Oct.1st, I purchased some pumpkins for the front deck and grinned at a few Halloween decorations in our home! :)
There's more I'll bring out, but already I'm getting excited for Halloween, and the string of holidays that will follow! :)







Aroma has so much to do with setting a mood, and enjoying one's home, and the holidays! :)
The last few days we've been enjoying the fragrance of Pumpkin Pie! :)
Each year I go through this inner battle, not ready for Summer to leave, wishing I could hold Fall at bay just a little longer, ... but then I feel that chill in the air, and everything changes! :)
Now I'm fully embracing Autumn! I'm ready for sweaters and sweatshirts; for Halloween and the holidays that will soon follow; for chilly nights and an added blanket on the bed; for pot roasts, winter squash, and other oven delights! I'm ready for the first frost that usually comes at the end of this month! I'm ready to finish the canning and to put the garden to bed! I'm even ready for that first snow of winter! - Bring it on! Bring it all on!! Let the holidays begin!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment