Monday, October 22, 2012

A Little Bit Spooky! :)

 October has been a highly unusual month for us, and I don't mind saying, a little bit SPOOKY! :)
Once we got the garden put to bed, it was time to focus on helping our son get moved and set up to start his new job in a city shy of two hrs. away, where everything in his life is new and a little uncertain. I believe we've stressed for him more than he's stressed for himself! :)
And since the weather's changing as we settle into Autumn, I've also moved the cats from the open garage into the shop where they have more protection from the elements and critters! It's been an adjustment for them, but I believe they're getting used to the idea of being closed in at night! :)
My honey bug-bombed the shop prior to my moving the cats, but one evening when I was getting the cats settled in, ...
 I stood to leave and felt a sting on my leg. ... I've been dealing with my first ever spider bite!! It's been an unnerving experience, as it meant a trip to the doctor when a red circular weld developed on my calf, with an outer pink ring around it, totaling the size of a soft ball! It's therefore, also the first time I've even been on steroids, and that's been an experience! :)
So I've been a bit hyped, suffering lack of sleep, loss of appetite, trying to keep on schedule with two new prescriptions, and all this while making a few trips to a new location, moving our son to start a new adventure in his life! ... :)
I've got a soft heart and have been known to move small spiders outside, if they appear in the house, but after being bit, I saw a spider in the bathroom and squished it without any hesitation! :)
I view spiders with greater distaste now, as they have become a little bit spooky to me! :)
 So October has felt frightfully disjointed, like a weird and wild Halloween, where there's a surprise at every turn! :)
The decorations feel spot on to me this year! :)

 Even the last of our grapes look like how I feel, a bit overdone and spent, but still good! :)
 Trials are kind of like Halloween. They can be a trick but they provide a treat if one's willing to have a good attitude and allow it to be a learning experience! :)
 Then it's not quite so spooky! :)
 On the way home from the final move-in run, we stopped at Barnes and Noble Books where I found this new Halloween puzzle! :) I've enjoyed getting lost in it while putting it together! :)









 It seems the older I get the more my fascination with puzzles grows, and I now have a nice collection that I love and add to from time to time! :)
I hope everyone is having a wonderful October, and I wish you all a fun-filled Halloween, with just a little bit of spookiness to make it thrilling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment