Sunday, February 17, 2013

More Sunny Spring Days To Come! :)

 There's no question that Spring is in the air! :) Look! The vinca minor is getting ready to bloom! :)
 The snow drops are open and just humming with bees on sunny days! :)
 The battle with slugs has begun anew, (as you can see from this partially eaten crocus), and any I see get quickly removed from the yard! :)
 The crocus are also getting plenty of pollinating attention on sunny days! :)
 The felines are enjoying keeping me company, as I work around the yard, checking out the newly cleaned flower beds! :)
 The tulip greens are continuing to reach new heights! :)
 Of all the cats, Gerdy has grown most fond of spending leisure time in the shop! :)
 Even she's found the sunshine and warmer temperatures too inviting to resist! :)

 The clematis, in the garden, are showing signs of awakening! :)
 Do you remember the dozen baby onions I transplanted last Fall? They've grown over the winter! :) I went out and did a light hand-weeding around them, and am pleased with how healthy they're looking! :)
Tomorrow, one of the local stores is expecting their onion shipment and I can hardly wait to buy more! :)
 It's fun to see the new growth of bulbs and perennials as I clean the beds! :)
 Isn't this a pretty crocus? :)
 Taking a moment with Mick! He likes to put his paws on my knees and look into my eyes while I pet him! Sometimes he'll even settle onto my back when I'm squatted down working! :)
 So far the Swiss chard, I transplanted last Fall, look like they're going to make it, along with the two types of garlic I planted within the row! :)
It's nice to already have a few things growing in the garden! :)
 The Hellebores are budding nicely! It won't be long until they give color in the yard! :)
With the end of Winter nearing, it's nice to know we have more sunny Spring days to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment