Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I've Become A Bookworm! :)

 This is what happens when one decides to read oneself to sleep at night! :) Before one knows it, the books have added up! :)
Last year, at the end of January, I reported on the four books I had by Carla Kelly! Since then I've doubled the amount of books I have of hers, and am forever keeping my eyes open for more! :)
 I have read a variety of books, including murder mysteries! :)
 I especially like KILPACK! I bought her whole series, read the first five, and have 5 left to read! :) They include some fun recipes, too! :)
 I've read four westerns, and have another waiting to be read! :)
 I even read a couple of the Book Club series, and plan to read more of them! :)
 There were several books of a misc. group, that included some Christmas stories! :)
 Another favorite author of mine is Sarah M. Eden! I've purchased every book of hers I can get my hands on, and am looking forward to the 2nd half of Longing For Home, that's supposed to be released soon! :)
 I love both of Julianne Donaldson's books, and will buy others she writes! :)
 Julie KLASSEN combines mystery with romance, and is another good author! :)
 Dorothy Love did a three book series! :) It was especially fun reading these at the same time our daughter read them, as we enjoyed discussing them over the phone! :)
 I'm grateful for a loving husband who built a wall of book shelves for me, as a birthday present, one year! Today I made room on the shelves for these books I read in 2013! :)
 My shelves are full of all my books from my book club, (mostly garden and how-to books), as well as puzzles! :)
 I have some re-organizing to do, because I already know there will be more books in my future! :)
I'm currently reading a non-fiction of Carla Kelly's, and enjoying learning more about this amazing woman! :)
In a world that's going more and more electronic, some bookstores have gone out of business. This is sad news for someone like me who finds joy in holding books and turning their pages, and enjoying that paper aroma! :) I'm grateful to have my hard covers and paperbacks resting on my bookshelves, to enjoy again and again! Perhaps one day they will be passed down to my posterity! :)
I hadn't considered it before but, I think it's safe to say that I've become a Bookworm! :)

2 comments:

  1. So when I come visit my parents, should I bring my old books over? ;) I've been a bookworm since birth and have been known to have as many as three books going at once. But that was when I was younger and didn't have so many other things needing my time. I would have one book going at school, one on the bus, and one at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I Love it, Crystal! :) Three at once! :) ... I tend to bring one with me wherever I go, until it's read! :)
    I'm open to seeing your old books! :) I'd keep them separate and return them to your safe keeping, when I'm done! :) You're sweet to offer! :)

    ReplyDelete