Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'm Eager To Begin! :)

 When we first bought our country home, it was the same color pallet inside and out. Everything was white with blue trim. :)
 Over the years, the outside became cream with softer shades of blue, but the Inside started changing to my favorite house colors of gold, red, cream, and green! :)
 Something about these colors are easy for me to live with, ...
 And they go perfectly with the holidays! :)

 We've been talking about possibly changing the outside house colors, ...
 So perhaps we should go back to having the outside of the house co-inside with the inside! :) Why not use similar colors outside that we have now on the inside!? :)
 We're thinking gold house with cream around the windows, green trim, and red door. I think the deck should have a touch of red somewhere, too, like in the flower pots! :)
This year seems as good a time as any to make it happen! :)
 So I've picked paint samples that feel good, and go well with our interior colors! :)

 And Look! The gold, cream, red, and green, already match the deck bench cushions, ...
 As well as our house number tiles I'd bought years ago! :) It seems I've been drawn to these colors for some time, now! :)
Our Christmas tree has been dressed in these colors for years, too! :)
So, since my Honey has helped choose the shades of these colors, (I brought home several paint color samples), and since he likes these color choices, this is the year to make the color change happen! :)
When the warm, dry weather returns, I plan to paint one of the back yard sheds in our new colors, as a test run! If we like what we see on a small scale, we'll tackle painting the house and garage! If not, we can change colors before starting on the house! :)
With so much painting to do; my shop room to clean & organize; flower beds to clean and tend; and a new Grandbaby expected this summer!; this may be a year to forego growing the big veggie garden! I may weaken to my garden urges and grow a smaller garden, ... we'll see! :)
...
So long 2013, and Hello 2014! Goals have already been set, and with these new color samples in hand, I'm Eager to Begin! :)

2 comments:

  1. I laughed at your comment about how the tree has been decorated in these colors for years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see many photos of Christmas trees of friends and family, and am amazed at how many color varieties I see on their trees! Many are saturated in pinks, or oranges, or blues and white, etc. ...! Since many have artificial trees, now, the trees themselves even come in a variety of colors! :)
    Thus my comment! The ornaments I've chosen for our tree are my beloved gold, red, green, and cream, with a hint of other color sometimes thrown in! :)
    Your comment didn't identify your name. Who am I talking with? :)
    Thanks for commenting, and I wish you a Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete