Thursday, January 2, 2014

Puzzles, Spring Surprises, & Rose Colored Glasses! :)

 Due to having several Christmas puzzles, I set a goal to complete two of them by the New Year! :)
 I did it! :) I chose these two because they are both new, and I love them! :)
 I left this one out to enjoy, a day or two, before putting it away today! :)
 The last 150 pieces were all the same shape and color, and gave me a challenge! :)
 Even though Winter has just begun, we are enjoying some Spring surprises! :) It was 50 degrees today and my Biggest surprise was seeing a hummingbird at the feeder! I was looking at it thinking that I need to remember to clean and refill it by March, when our hummers return! Then one lights on the feeder, right before my eyes, and I scramble to get a photo! I took this one through the glass with the regular lens, but by the time I got my 300mm zoom lens on, it flew away! I went ahead and cleaned and re-filled the feeder, now, just in case it comes back before Spring! :)
 The crocus are stirring! :)
 I'm tickled to see the clover-like plants, I planted last year, are still alive and anxious to get growing! :)
 I was pleased to find this smiling pig, for one of our bird baths, at a local nursery! With the brown leaves in the water, it looks like it's wallowing in mud! :) With this break in freezing temps', it's time to clean it! :)
 Outside buds are swelling! :)
 It promises to be a colorful Spring! :)
 Inside, the baby lemon bush is alive with blooms and even a lemon! :)

 The aroma is sweetly divine! :)
 The felines are high-tailing it around the yard! They're glad to have a break from the frigid temps'! :)
 With the new year, comes new goals and fresh hope! :) Mother Nature seems to agree! :)
 She's ready for color! :)
 I think she's wearing rose colored glasses again! :)

 With all that's going wrong in the world, today, I believe it's all the more important to look for what is right! :)
 Often what's right in the world, is found in the little things, and in counting one's blessings! :)
I made a promise to myself that regardless of what may be going on in the world, this blog will forever be about Enjoying The Journey! :)
How can we not find enjoyment when Mother Nature is throwing party right before our eyes!? :)
Please join me in another year of looking for, and finding, the good! :) Let us not be hesitant about grinning, letting laughter glide easily from our lips, and accepting Mother Nature's party invitation! :)Keep in mind, she likes to have Fun! Don't forget your party hats and rose colored glasses! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment