Monday, August 24, 2015

The Twilight Zone! I Think I'm In It! :)

 I recently returned from a fun visit with dear ones! Since Fall is just around the corner, our daughter allowed me to gear our grandsons in fireman outfits for this Halloween! It was fun to see them play in their costumes awhile before hanging them in their closet! :)
 Not only do they look handsome but the uniforms will be warm and reflect light like real fireman suits, to make them more safe! :) I also bought them boots after these photos was taken! :)
 Couldn't resist sharing this photo of "See no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil!" :)
 They are loving big brothers and willingly included Lexie in the fun! :)
 She thought the fireman gadgets were impressive! :)
 They also had a visit from their Papa Nelson who helped them make an impressive fort! :)
 When you get on a plane and fly to another location you expect a different atmosphere and lifestyle! :)
 When you return home you expect things to be as you left them. :) ... After two short weeks of being away I was surprised by the changes that greeted me at home! :) The tomatoes are overflowing and in need of being harvested! :) We've been eating fresh tomato sandwiches to our heart's content! :)
 The plants are tall and full of produce! One of the first things I did was pick all the overgrown zucchini, to encourage new fruit production! :)
 The corn stands even taller than when I left! :)
 I was surprised to find some of the ears were ready to eat! This is the earliest Kandy Korn has had ears ready to harvest! :) Something about it feels abnormal! :)
 Time to make more salsa! :)
 Big Beef is begging to be picked! :)
 Sungold Cherry Tomatoes are out of control with production! Time to share some! :)
 They all have ripened at once! :)
 Even the little volunteer cherry tomato has grown tall and has formed green tomatoes while I've been away! :)
 The volunteer poppy is in full bloom! :)
 The tiny pumpkin that was the size of half my thumb is now the size of both my fists! :)
 The grapes are putting on color! :)

 The tall leaf plant at the bird station has begun it's Fall color, ...



 As have the trees in our yard and at the back of our property! :)
When I left two weeks ago it looked and felt like Summer! Now I've returned to (an early Fall?) & changes that make it feel like a different time and place than the one I left! Hummers were zipping around and I haven't seen or heard a single hummingbird since I've been back! The air was alive with bird sounds and activities and now it's so quiet I feel I should be whispering when I speak! :) I left clear blue skies and returned to a haze of smoke from all the forest fires in the Pacific NW. I'm glad to be back but is this the same home I left two short weeks ago? ... It brings to mind a TV show I watched as a kid, ... The Twilight Zone! :) I think I'm in it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Add to all of this the fact that both our laundry machines croaked just before I left. I had time to shop for new ones before flying out, but not to see them installed. Upon my return I couldn't get the drier to work! I called out, "Oh No! I think I already broke the drier!" My sweetie entered the laundry area smiling and shaking his head. He pushed the On button at the top right side of the machine that I hadn't seen! He chuckled "This is a twist." Usually I'm the one showing him how to run the machines! :) This really does feel like the Twilight Zone! :) Hope things are back to normal soon! :)

    ReplyDelete