Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Who Knew? :)

 Our Juliet Tomato, that produces all our tomatoes for fresh salsa. got so top heavy that the top portion toppled over! Not only was it blocking my walkway, but it looked like it was in danger of tearing itself apart if left unsupported! I couldn't find the green yarn I sometimes use for added support, and was getting desperate to find anything soft yet strong enough to do the trick! :)
 I was in my shop room, frantically looking around for something, ... anything! I looked down, and saw the felines had gotten into some of my craft supplies and had a few pair of black tights strewn across the floor. I grabbed them thinking to toss them in the trash, (I'll never get around to using them for the craft I've been saving them for), and stopped the moment I held them in my hand. "Soft, stretchy, yet firm! I wonder?" :)
 Sure enough, they worked perfectly for tying the plant back up in place, and giving it the support it needs! :)
 (By the way, even the Big Beef are ripening now and we've already enjoyed a few! Yum!) :)
 So Juliet has been saved, along with her beautiful fruit! :)
All it took was one pair of black tights! (Maybe I should look for some green tights!) :) ... Now, instead of tossing them, I'm saving them for gardening purposes, for which they are very handy! :) Who knew!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment