Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Evolution Of A Pumpkin! :)


Being able to see a seed germinate, grow, and produce is an exciting thing to me! I decided to post the process of a pumpkin's evolution, just in case you may enjoy it too! :) Some of the photos ended up posting a different direction, for some reason, so they won't all be facing the same way, the way I wanted them to be, - but you'll still see the transformation! :)

Being small and green, made it possible for the pumpkin to get this big before I spotted it! :)

Since there's a sunshine squash growing beside it, you will actually get to the growth of both! :)









I've never had pumpkins from our garden on the deck before October before! Having a hot, dry summer, coupled with trying a new pumpkin seed that matures faster, has made it possible! The two small pie pumpkins, in this photo, are from one of our kind neighbors! :) In less than 2 weeks it will officially be fall! :) We're expecting one more week of summer weather ( in the 70's and 80's ) which I'm thankful for! :) It's not too soon to start displaying the harvest, however, and I'm enjoying the festive feel of the pumpkins and 'mums! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I'm not kidding, you could do a book for children with these pictures. Preschoolers love beautiful pictures of real life things that they can relate to. Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pat! Spoken like the true teacher that you are! Thanks! It's actually a fun ideah! Maybe one day I will try to do something like that! I'll give that some thought! :)

    ReplyDelete