Monday, September 21, 2009

Seasons! :)

I have always loved the seasons! Each holds treasures all their own, and as the seasons are ever changing, there's always something to look forward to! :)
In the SPRING we enjoy seeing the flower bulbs waking and stretching up through the soil! The trees and shrubs start to send out fresh little leaves! All is new and exciting! Animal life can be seen with their new born! Children can be seen looking for Easter eggs! The soil has a fresh aroma as you dig in your shovel, hoe, or spade, after the long winter rest! It feels as if all life is just waiting for you to come out and play! :) - I think my infancy and childhood was my Spring! :)
Then comes SUMMER all full of activity!! Camp outs, water sports, playing on the beach, water melon and other summer fruit and berries, vacations, vegetable gardens, school being out, and all manner of fun-in-the-sun! :) If it's not too hot, it can be a time of much accomplishment and productivity! I consider my late teens - my 40's as being my Summer! :)
FALL brings a rest from the heat, pumpkins and all manner of harvest, stocking up and prepairing for the winter, fun festivities and holidays! Halloween bringing out all the cute, cheerful goblins, and Thanksgiving with the most aromatic, yummy meal of the entire year where loved ones come together and count their many blessings! :) I feel I'm enjoying all the festivities of life and am prepairing for winter, - in this, the Autumn of my life! :)
WINTER brings my most favorite holiday of all, Chirstmas!! It's a time when hearts are turned to the Savior and we ponder the reality that we will see Him again! It's a time of giving in whatever capacity we can, and thinking more about other's joy than we do our own! It's a time when there's food baking in the oven as it cold enough outside to bake without fear of overheating the house! It feels good to pile on the blankets and lay all cozy in bed! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Snowmen and snow angels take shape and snowball fights break out with the least provocation amid laughter and friendship! Sometimes stormy conditions create special needs and one learns who their true friends are, and those who come to aid become even more dear! I consider my senior years as my winter! :)
I've always enjoyed the seasons, and I expect to go on enjoying them! There is always something to look forward to! :)
When the day comes that I must lay this body to rest (untill it's perfected and my spirit takes it up again as a resurected being), I will be looking forward to seeing our Savior again, as well as other loved ones who have past before! I look with eagerness to the day when I will walk into the loving embrace of Deity, and feel what Perfect Love feels like!! :)
Untill then, I'm enjoying Autumn!! Aren't the seasons Great?!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment