Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Iris's Are In! :)

I'm a little behind with my blog, but wanted to mention that the iris have all been divided and planted! Instead of 3 large plants ( in the veggie' garden, where I meant to have them only "temporarily" placed ), we now have 10 iris plants planted in the south-side flower bed! :)Looking at these photos, - it may be a bit hard to see them, ( since I clipped them for the transplant move ). They are the short plants at the back of the bed! :) I saved room, in front of them, for the peony plants that will be arriving this fall! I also have tulip and crocus bulbs arriving this fall that will be placed in front of the peonies! :)

I hope, by next year, there'll be enjoyment when viewing this flower bed! Once all the plants and bulbs are in the ground I can lay the beauty bark! My guess is by the time the shipments have arrived the rain-season will have too, and I'll be trying to put bark down between rain showers! It's all worth it, though, if there's annual pleasure out of the deal! By this time next year, the bed should be looking more filled in and finished! How I love a well-groomed flower bed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment