Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April Flowers! :)

We're all familiar with the saying "April showers bring May flowers." Here's proof that April has flowers all her own! :)






Thought I'd throw in a photo of the area I planted with succulents! I needed plants that could take the full sun this area will be getting this summer! :)



Had to toss in a photo of these skimmia berries too! :)











While the peonies aren't in bloom yet, some of their buds are noticably swelling! :)

I love seeing flowers that have been kissed by dew and the morning sun, like these, that are in full bloom, right now, in April! :)
So while it's true that April brings alot of showers, (atleast here in western WA), - April also brings flowers, long before May arrives! :)
I could have added the flowering quince, in full bloom, but since I recently posted a couple photos of them, I thought it may be repetitious to add them again.
I, for one, appreciate April flowers and the bees and hummingbirds are enjoying them too! Hope they brightened your day as well! :)

4 comments:

  1. These are BEAUTIFUL pictures!! They did brighten my day. And I love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna! :) You warm my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope in June there will still be flowers out I always enjoy the yard you make everything look so wonderful. love you mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sheana, and don't worry, there will be flowers! I think I've finally gotten the yard to where there is something in bloom from Feb' through Oct.! :)
    I'm hoping to get more yard work done before you get here! :) Maybe the garden fence will be up by then, too! :)
    The birds are singing in the yard! I love that sound! :)

    ReplyDelete