Friday, April 30, 2010

This One's For Sheana! :)

Even though Sheana, and her dear family, will be here in five weeks, by then, her favorite tree will no longer be in full bloom! So, with her in mind, I've posted many photos of her beloved tree! Hopefully these pic's will bring pleasure to others of you too! :)


This tree has a story to tell! When we first moved here, she was just a baby. She had been a mother's day gift to the previous owner, and was the one thing she said she'd like to have once she got settled. If she hadn't come for it within two years, it would be too big to safely move, and it would then become mine! - So for our first two years at this property, I thought of the tree as being Erleens! After two years came and went, the tree became ours, in both my mind and heart! :)











If you look close, you will notice harsh cuts, where whole branches have been severed! She developed a disease that I've been fighting over the years! I think we are getting a handle on it because she looked fairly healthy last year, and looks very healthy this year!! She is worth her weight in gold, to me, so I'm anxious to do whatever it takes to see to her needs! She pays us back with glorious blooms each spring, shade in the summer, and a full span of color each fall! :)
Soon this devine mass of blooms will drop to the grass and blanket the ground like a pink carpet! I just love her in all of her stages, through every season! For those who may not recognize her, she is an ornamental cherry tree! :)

No matter what angle I look at her from, I enjoy her beauty! :)





I hope you enjoyed this bit of time with her too! :)
And Sheana, I know how you love seeing her in bloom, so ... this one's for you! :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Anna! That's how I feel when I see her decked out in bloom, too! :) I LOVE Nature and am especailly fond of the beauty here in rural western WA and OR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks mom! I do love that tree!!!

    Makes me think of all the fun photo we have taken in front of that tree. TJ coming over all dress up for prom. Us taking pic in front of it even though we where not each others dates. ;D
    When Sarah and I came to visit after Jersey. I believe she was driving back to Utah when we took some fun pic then too.
    It really is a beautiful tree that has soooo many fun memories with it! Thanks again mom! So happy the other people before us didn't come back for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad they didn't come back for it, too, Sheana! It's something how a simple tree can give a family so much pleasure, and add happy memories! :) Be seeing you soon!!!!!! :) XO

    ReplyDelete