Friday, September 10, 2010

Evaluating Accomplishments! :)

It's all too easy, when evaluating one's year, to think of the goals that didn't come to fruition, - especially when there are goals you so longed to do! :)
I think of the 2010 veggie garden that I had such high hopes for, that ended up not coming together! This was the year I'd planned to get all the flower beds weeded, add additonal plants, and lay fresh bark throughout! Here it is Sep. and I'm Still hoping to get some free time to get some of that done! :)
This photo I took reminded me of the importance of taking a moment to acknowledge what Has been done, instead of focussing on what hasn't! :)
After all, the reason I didn't get the garden and yard work accomplished, this year, was because of other goals that I was involved with, that took precedence over them! :)
Instead of getting our yard in order, I was working on getting our home in order!! We now are enjoying the blessing of new doors and windows, and the dining room window that I've envisioned being glass french doors, is now a reality!! :) Next summer we plan to add a patio, and patio furniture, so we can make better use of our back yard! :)
And looking through these glass doors I see the new deer fence that my Sweetie built, that will be a huge blessing with the many gardens that will yet be planted there! The raspberry vines I planted last spring have settled in nicely and expect to produce fruit in 2011! :) The garden has been 'tilled and "put to bed", and will be ready to work for us next season! :)
Whatever doesn't get done this year will swap over to next year's goals list! :)
2011's garden, I reason, will be that much more spectacular because I'll have had two years to plan it!! :)
There's other goals too, that my Sweetie and I can feel good about, like losing alot of our excess weight, and working on reading our scriptures! :)
I still have tons to do before the new year! The most exciting one is going to UT to help when our daughter has their 2nd baby!!!! :)
So here's hoping we all take a moment to evaluate the accomplishments we've had in 2010! :) Before we know it, the new year will be upon us, and we'll be setting new, (and rolled over) goals for ourselves!! :) And doesn't it feel good to take a moment to acknowledge our accomplishments!!!!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment