Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Nothing Time"! :)

Hobbes: "Well, Summer is almost over. It sure went quick, didn't it?"
Calvin: "Yep."
Calvin: "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."

I'm hoping when you click on this photo it will enlarge so you can enjoy Bill Watterson's art work! As I've said before, our whole family are big fans of Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes! :)
We can truely relate! :)
Summer seems to always go too quickly, for us, but this year it sped by extra fast! We were so busy this summer, that we didn't get enough "nothing" time!! :)
The guys managed to spend a little time on the hammock, (one of our "nothing time" favorites), but I think I spent a total of two minutes on it all year!! :)
I love to lay on it, with one leg ready to push off the ground, keeping a steady, gentle swing motion going! It's so pleasant to listen to all the sounds of nature, and watch the birds fleeting to and from the feeders! :) It's especially nice when the sun is shining and there's a soft whisper of a breeze caressing my face! I can even look up at the sky and watch the clouds shifting shapes as they go drifting by! :)
I'm promising myself, right now, that I'm going to make more "nothing time" for myself in 2011! It's going to be one of my resolutions, because "nothing time" can be very restorative!!! :)
Sometimes we need to make "nothing time" for ourselves, to exhale; feel our heart rate slow down; listen to nature; remember the bigger picture; and that we have a loving Heavenly Father Who is aware of us, loves us, and wants to be an ongoing part of our lives! :)
Here's hoping we all get a little "nothing time" now and then, and enjoy it's great bennefits! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment